Veneers are thin, ceramic shell-like prosthetics that are bonded to the front of the teeth. They are a part of cosmetic dentistry that helps to hide the deformities on the teeth. Veneers work by concealing stained, chipped, and cracked teeth, as well as giving teeth a good shape.
At Blossom Dental Wellness, a complete dental checkup is done to analyze if veneers are the best fixtures for their dental problems. If so, the veneers will then be custom-made to fit according to the measurements of each patient’s teeth structure.
Types of Dental Veneers
- Resin-based composite veneer: This type of veneer restoration is based on resin and effectively covers the deformities in the teeth. The durability of the resin enables it to last five to seven years. This veneer is easy to apply and can be used for various kinds of corrective interventions to the teeth. Resin-based veneers are an affordable treatment that can be finished in a few appointments and shows immediate results.
- Porcelain veneers: This is the most preferred type of veneer because its strength and durability make it a permanent solution. In fact, porcelain veneers can last as long as 20 years if proper aftercare is provided to the teeth. Also, they do not cause any harm to the gums around the teeth.
Porcelain veneers are personalized fixtures that blend well with the shade of the teeth. The advantage of porcelain veneers is that they do not get stained. They provide a natural look to the smile of the patients.
Benefits of Veneers
- A veneer is a cost-efficient cosmetic treatment.
- It is a minimally invasive procedure as the fixtures are glued onto the teeth.
- It is easy to maintain by simply practicing regular dental hygiene like brushing and flossing.
- It helps to raise the confidence and self-esteem of patients regarding their appearance.
- A veneer blends with the color of the teeth and does not look like an artificial fixture.
- It closes the gaps that are in between the teeth and provide maximum coverage.
- A veneer is a treatment that provides instant results and radiance to the teeth.
- It provides functionality like natural teeth and enables patients to efficiently chew food.
- It is a treatment that aesthetically covers enamel loss on the teeth.
A veneer is an effective treatment that hides the malformation of teeth. Blossom Dental Wellness, located in Sacramento, CA, provides veneers and other dental treatments to patients on consultation. Call (916) 422-3991 and visit the dentistry for an oral checkup.